Wednesday 15 April 2009

Origami jewellery

I have just come across a site called Silver By Fire which sell the most gorgeous handmade jewellery.

The pieces are made from precious metal clay 'a relatively new innovation that allows for spontaneous creativity. It comes in several forms all of which have particles of silver suspended in a nontoxic binder which when fired, burns off leaving 99.9% pure silver!'.

The technique sounds very complex but the results are stunning. I particularly love the crane below, which is $69.



If your budget doesn't quite stretch that far, you could buy a charm such as this sweet little goldfish who is just $19.


I am also very taken the the leaf bracelet on the front page but sadly can't find it anywhere on the site.

I think some of these pieces will definitely be going on my birthday wish list!

0 comments:

Post a Comment